Advocacy Alert: Adoption Tax Credit
Contact your Congressional Representative and ask them to Co-Sponsor H.R. 4373!
If Congress does not act the tax credit as we now know it will expire on December 31, 2012.
If the adoption tax credit helped you or someone you know to adopt a child or if it could help you in the future to adopt a child, call your Representative today and urge that he or she cosponsor the bipartisan bill H.R. 4373, the Making Adoption Affordable Act.
We are contacting you today to urge you to call your Representative in the U.S. House of Representatives. You can reach your Representative by calling the U.S. Capitol Operator at (202) 225-3121 and asking for your Representative’s office. If you don’t know your Representative’s name, go here and enter your zip code in the box provided.
- I urge the Representative to become a co-sponsor of the Making Adoption Affordable Act, H.R. 4373.
- If Congress does not act the adoption tax credit as we now know it will expire in December 2012.
- H.R. 4373 is bipartisan and it supports all types of adoptions (domestic private, foster care, and international adoptions).
- This tax credit has made adoption a more viable option for many parents who might not otherwise have been able to afford adoption, allowing them to provide children with loving, permanent families.
- Thank you for your support of H.R. 4373.
Thank you for taking a few minutes to make this important phone call!
If you want to learn more about the adoption tax credit go to http://adoptiontaxcredit.org/.
Also, please “like” the Save the Adoption Tax Credit mission on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/AdoptionTaxCredit
Thanks to the NYS Citizens’ Coalition for Children for this information. They are an excellent organization which won one of my very few gold stars way back in 2003!