Impact of Adoption and Safe Families Act Webcast
On December 14, 2009, at 9:00 a.m. E.T., the Urban Institute and the Center for the Study of Social Policy will host an audio Webcast on the impact of the Adoption and Safe Families Act on the safety, permanence, and well-being of abused and neglected children.
The nearly 2-hour session will be moderated by Susan Notkin, New York Director, Center for the Study of Social Policy. Panelists include:
- Olivia Golden, Fellow, Urban Institute
- John Mattingly, Commissioner, New York City’s Administration for Children’s Services
- Carmen Nazario, Assistant Secretary for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Jeanette Vega, writer, “Rise” magazine
- Nancy Young, Director, National Center on Substance Abuse and Child Welfare
To obtain further information and register for this Webcast, visit www.urban.org/events/Safe-Families-Act.cfm. Information about attending the session in Washington, DC, is also available on that page.